Sunday, September 14, 2008

Her last name is Freewind.

Aire | Elusive Kindred Spirit (She comes & goes, in & out of random chapters in my storied life)

Since I have already revealed her last name, I feel that to still protect her identity & to ensure that she still remain anonymous, I shall further address her solely by the first letter of her first name which is 'K'.

So before I was blessed with the fortunate chance to capture this photograph of her, I had only ran into K two times before, this being the third time.

My first initial encounter with K was outside of Hunter College West on one of the last days of the Spring 2008 semester & I saw her sitting outside completely consumed within a book while cozily comfortably enveloped in her own world wearing the best 'dress-down' outfit ever. Hanes white V-neck t-shirt, vintage brown Levi's corduroys and tan Wallabees. And all I said that day was, "Yo! I love your outfit! It's perfect! The v-neck, the vintage brown shade of your Levi's cords AND the Wallabees!? Shoot! Too cool! Anyway, I'll see ya round." As to which she smiled wide and coolly replied, "Thanks! Sure."

As I descended down the stairs into the 68th & Lexington 6 train station right in front of the big, black statue by Hunter College-- I was like, "WHAT?!?! Did I personally just choreograph that outfit FOR her!? If I was a girl I would want to dress EXACTLY as she was just now!"

And then I saw her on the VERY *LAST* day of the Murakami exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum over the summer and I was like, "COOL! It's my kindred spirit again & the cool thing is-- this means we're both heavy procrastinators!!" And so I just re-introduced myself and I finally got her name this time and it was K.

I saw her again luckily randomly this September for the Fall 2008 semester at Hunter cos I was worried, really, that maybe I'd never get to see her again cos I'm playing it all cool wandering samurai vagabond style and she's the lone adventurous cowgirl of mystery.

Who just depend on life and the elements of destiny and fate to bring us together. Anyway, this time I got her last name too and her phone number so I really truly do want to be close friends with her because I can tell that we can talk about art, philosophy, fashion, music, nature, politics-- everything!

Alas then could begin the epic story of friendship & life-enriching adventures between Princess K. Freewind & myself, Prince Ceasar Red Mark Borja Jr.