Monday, January 4, 2010

I MISS THIS SWEATER


I got it back in the autumn season of 2006 from Beacon's Closet in Brooklyn. It was one of those perfect, rarest, to-die-for vintage finds-- it was never worn & still had the tag on it! It was the softest Irish wool that it felt like cashmere! What!?!?! I wish I at least knew the brand of this ultimate daydream of an Aran sweater. It was to be dry cleaned only & I fucked it up cos I spilled ketchup on it accidentally & tried spraying Oxyclean on it in frantic desperation cos the Oxyclean advertised that it worked on most fabrics. But to my dismay I finally read in a calmer state upon the back label that it is wasn't to be used on wool or dry clean products. To my horror I read the tag of the sweater in prominent capitalized bold letters: DRY CLEAN ONLY.

Fuck me.
Look how beautifully thick & intricate the knitting detail is!!! FML FML FML FML
None can ever even compare! But I am currently on the quest for a new Aran sweater!

I just googled this image: